SLHS Counseling Calendar

Sunday, August 21, 2016

College Visit Opportunity for SLHS

When I was a sophomore in high school, I was CERTAIN I knew where I wanted to go to college. My darling mother supported me in my desire to attend this particular college, but suggested that we arrange a college visit to see this college firsthand before making any definitive decisions. Darling and wise that Mrs.Nelson's mom is :) Anyways, long story short, we visited and I absolutely despised it! 

College visits help you in your college search in many ways: you get a firsthand view of campus; you can connect with college admissions representatives, professors, current students and more; you have the opportunity to get more personable answers to questions you may have; and the list goes on and on. So, while I decided against my original college prospect, that visit was a great experience that helped me get to my wonderful alma mater [Go Panthers!]

I have arranged an optional college visit for students in grades 9-12 on Thursday, October 27th to both Des Moines Area Community College and Iowa State University








It'll be a great way to get experience to help YOU in your college search and selection! The deadline to sign-up with me is October 13th, but keep in mind that seats are limited. 

Thanks,
Mrs.Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment